I would have posted these goals for the month on the 1st, but you all would have assumed it was a joke. It's no joke, but I may turn out to be a fool for publishing this list!
During April I will:
- Post at least once a week -- even if I have no pictures. It's the need to put pictures in that often keeps me from posting. I've always got something to say, but I despise taking pictures and going through all the maneuvers to get them into the computer, exported as a .jpg file and then posted here. Now add to the mix that I am often exporting them to Flickr to post on Ravelry. It's a lot of work people and not my strong suit.
- Finish my Asymmetrical Cable Cardigan from Vogue Knitting Fall 2006. I'm almost there; finishing the second half of the cabled scarf collar and two more seams are all that remain. Even so, the chances that I'll be wearing it this year are slim to none. Of course, it would be perfect for this morning, but it wasn't to be.
- Finish my second Noro Kureyon sock. It's color #182, and everything you've heard about the yarn is true -- stringy, overspun, not soft, hell to knit with -- yet I love the way this sock feels on my foot. It has a comforting woolliness that I find soothing, the rustic nature suits plain socks, and the colors are the star. I figure it's not a long-wearing sock, but I have room for every type in my drawer.
- Finish my poor, abandoned Trekking sock (and it's mate) that's been stalled at the same point for two years.
- Finish my Large Rectangle with Center Diamond Pattern from Victorian Lace Today (isn't that a pithy name for a stole?). I have finished about half the edging and will make myself deal with the total fiddle that is required to complete the thing.
- For extra credit I will finish the back and both fronts of my cabled hoodie from the cover of Patons Street Smart booklet. Mine is in Blue Sky Cotton and will be of use even into the later part of spring.
Rona my dear, I'm afraid you'll have to wait.
Disclaimer: The above post contains forward looking statements that should not be considered a guarantee of future performance.