I'm still here, , still knitting and still trying to find time to post. But, and there's always a but...
1) TypePad is giving me fits when I try to log in on my work computer to post over lunch which seems to be one of my better times.
2) We've had lots of kids around. I think I counted five last weekend + our two girls. Just feeding them is a full time job.
3) It's July and we've brought the Pesto-O-Matic out of storage. Our philosophy of life is to make pesto while the sun shines and basil is readily available at the farmer's market. As a consequence, we eat well all winter.
To give you an idea of the quantities we're dealing with:
The first two are actually separate batches of basil in the process of becoming pesto. Just image how much it takes to make the seven containers worth you see ready to be frozen!
Why so much pesto? It is well loved by all residents of the Casa. We use it in many kid friendly dishes: pizza, chicken, pasta, sandwiches, etc. What's not to love? The only downside is trying to fit it all in the freezer.
4) I was so upset by the London bombings last week that I was planning an enormous and thought provoking essay that I finally scrapped, because it was enormous and thought provoking and too overwhelming to actually put into words. I hope to get it out someday, but until then I'll stick to knitting and family life.
5) We decided to rip up the horrible forest green indoor/outdoor carpet in our bathroom this past weekend on a whim after I smelled what I thought was cat urine in the bathroom. I won't tell you the real source, there are some things that are better left unsaid.
Whatever the reason, we are in the midst of major bathroom renovations. As with all home improvement projects, it started small and it has mushroomed. And as some of you may remember, we are also planning a kitchen redo (est. completion somewhere around Christmas) that we will combine with a rehab of our study and finishing our basement. We have dreams! Ha, we are fools, fools I tell you!
Taking Elizabeth Zimmerman's advice to heart, through all of these crises, big and small, I have continued to knit. I'm about one repeat from finishing the main knitting on Charlotte's Web and hope to have it done this weekend, but we'll see!